About this Opportunity!
Skate Host/Rink Monitor
Englewood - Family Sports Center
$12.00 - $14.52 per hour
The Skate Host/Rink Monitor reports directly to the Assistant Manager
of the Ice Arena in the Recreation Department. Skate Monitors are
responsible for fitting skates, some light cleaning and ensuring the
safety of patrons on the ice.
- Provides exceptional customer service while performing job duties
including, fitting ice skates on patrons.
- Ensuring all skaters follow the rules and the safety of rink and skaters.
- Ability to ice skate and fit skates.
- Communicate effectively with rink maintenance regarding required maintenance.
- Work cooperatively as a member of the rink team ensuring safe work
practices are adhered to at all times.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-service trainings,
orientations, and emergency drills.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide
information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an
efficient and timely manner.
- Correct or inform supervisor of any hazards; communicate
issues/complaints to supervisor as needed.
- Complies with District and Departmental rules, regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special assignments as directed by Supervisor.
- May serve as an Emergency services worker.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
Certifications: CPR and AED, any additional related
The job description above covers the main duties
of this position. Please note, as a team member, there may be
additional responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and
Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to
employees working 14+ hours/week)
Opportunities for training and
promotion from within
Review of application will begin immediately and initial interviews
may commence prior to and/or after the advertised close date.
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of
the environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing
recreational services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west
of I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions
of Douglas, Jefferson, and Arapahoe counties. We operate four
full-service recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and
restaurants, two ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX
track, a sports dome, batting cages, and entertainment center, a hotel
and a nature center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of
developed and open space land, including 110 multi-purpose athletic
fields, more than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60
playgrounds, 56 tennis courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.