About this Opportunity!
Littleton- Littleton Golf Course and Tennis Bubble Centennial Grill
$12.75 - $16.78 per hour
This unique position combines the front and back of the house need in
our small restaurant. The PT Cook / Server will help to oversee our
Littleton Golf Course and Tennis Bubble Centennial Grill. The Cook /
Server will bounce between server duties and Cook duties as needed.
Under the direct supervision of the Kitchen/Restaurant Manager, this
position is responsible for accurately and efficiently cooking and
serving hot food products and drinks as well as prepare and portion
food products prior to cooking. Also performs other duties in the
areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and
garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all
hot menu item plates.
- Greet all guests and provide friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Serve multiple tables/guests simultaneously.
- Take guests orders and be able to enter it into the POS
(point-of-sales) terminal. Effectively communicates with Kitchen
staff to ensure that food is promptly and properly prepared for guests.
- Check guests’ identification and have knowledge of the proper date
of birth to serve alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Refill drinks and deliver food via tray service.
- Anticipates the needs of guests, i.e., more coffee. Demonstrates
"service" attitude with other staff and customers.
- Perform money transactions and return accurate change.
- Bus and wipe down tables.
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes, quality
standards and as turned in by wait staff, ensuring that food leaves
the kitchen promptly and in peak condition.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and
other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and
a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other
cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Prepares ingredients/food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables,
butchering meat, or preparing sauces) according to specifications by
using approved recipes for cooking, including proper portioning,
chopping, and storing food before use.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using
various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Assemble orders, follow proper portions, plate presentation, and
garnish set up for all dishes. Verify that prepared food meets
requirements for quality and quantity.
- Adjusts food items to accommodate guests with allergies or
specific diet concerns.
- Fulfill guest orders in a timely manner while adhering to our
standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and
kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Monitor the quality of products and take appropriate actions to
maintain that quality.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly. Properly
labeling, dating, covering and refrigerating prepped items for the line.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Performs opening, closing & side duties - setting up,
stocking, and breaking down all kitchen equipment and prep, and line
stations. Follow checklists for kitchen stations.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables,
shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners,
convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Adheres to food safety standards and reports any questionable food
deliveries and/or practices.
- Responsible to ensure all state, local and District health
standards are met in food areas at all times. Complies with Health
Department and other governmental agency regulations.
- Resolve problems with wait staff, customer orders, or other
food-related issues in the kitchen in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain professional communication with front of the house staff
to accommodate all guest requests and special dietary needs.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Correct or inform supervisor of any hazards; communicate
issues/complaints to supervisor as needed. Completes all
incident/accident reports and follow-up according to District
procedures in a timely manner.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis; subs for
co-workers when available; is responsible for securing substitutes
for shifts unable to work.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food preparation and production for volume restaurant.
- Ability to read recipes and memorize and replicate food production procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow direction from others and is able
to work well in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Possesses a clear understanding of weights and measures and has
good math skills.
- Ability to follow time schedules for meal preparation and serving.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Knowledge of health standards and ability to communicate
effectively. Ability to comply with the Health Department and other
governmental agency regulations, policies and procedures.
Material and Equipment Used:
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses: grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté
burners, convection oven, flat top range, refrigeration equipment,
dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives
and a variety of other kitchen appliances and tools.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.