About this Opportunity!
Golf Maintenance Worker Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$12.25 - $15.93 per hour
Do you enjoy golf and want to work outside? Now is your chance to
start a career in golf course maintenance! The Golf Maintenance Worker
is responsible for the day-to-day golf course maintenance duties and
facility grounds which includes maintaining the golf course, raking
traps, mowing greens, mowing tees, mowing roughs, repairing divots,
edging traps, push mowing landscape areas, hand trimming, pulling
weeds, picking up trash, and participating in small projects when needed.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have knowledge of methods, tools and practices to construct
and maintain greens, fairways, trees and shrubs, bunkers and other
aspects of a golf course maintenance preferred.
- Must possess effective verbal communication to establish and
maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Will provide superior customer service and resolve customer
complaints and escalated problems.
- Will have the ability to work productively without supervision
within established policies and procedures.
- Will have knowledge of how to play the game of golf and understand
how job performance affects the operations of the golf course and
knowledge of the use and operating standards of equipment and hand tools.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
- Must be sixteen (16) years of age.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.