About this Opportunity!
Hockey/Golf Pro Shop Assistant
Centennial - Family Sports Center
$12.00 - $16.68 per hour
Family Sports Center is seeking a Pro Shop Assistant to work in our
hockey & golf pro shop. If you enjoy interacting with people, a
flexible work schedule, and the game of golf, this opportunity is for
you! The Pro Shop Assistant position involves a high degree of public
contact and ensures daily operations of the pro shop. This position
will receive and answer inquiries from the public by telephone, email,
or in person on hockey knowledge, skate & equipment fitting, skate
sharpening or the ability to learn, a range of golf course rates,
policies and procedures. In addition, the Pro Shop Assistant is
responsible for completing point of sale transactions. We are
currently looking for all hours of operation: mornings, afternoons,
evenings, weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, interpersonal
skills and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Basic Hockey knowledge
- Ability to sharpen or learn how to sharpen hockey skates
- Has knowledge of the game of golf and golf course rules and etiquette.
- Has knowledge of retail sales and marketing for both hockey & golf.
- Will be highly motivated and has the ability to create a welcoming
and exciting atmosphere.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and
operate a point-of-sale system.
- Has knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and general
office equipment (computer, copier, fax, telephone, calculator, hand
held radio etc.).
- Is proficient with applicable computer software applications
(Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Any combination equivalent to: work experience involving assisting
the public, general record keeping and/or handling money preferred.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.