About this Opportunity!
Swim Coach Assistant Part-Time
Holly Pool | Franklin |Cook Creek Pool
$12.25 - $15.93 per hour
Are you looking for a great part-time job where you can have fun in
the water while teaching children essential aquatic skills? If you
answered YES, this position is for you! The Swim Coach Assistant is
responsible for assisting the Head Swim Coach with the safety,
instruction and training of children participating in the SSPR Swim
Team and expanding and perfecting participants’ abilities. This
position may require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours and
weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or Water Safety Instructor
- Knowledge of the general philosophy of aquatics, recreation, and
its application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; and
customer service principle preferred.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to safely extricate individuals from a pool who vary in
weight, with or without assistance, at any given time.
- Ability to react effectively to all potential mental, physical,
and stressful situations inherent to the duties of a First Responder.
- Has knowledge of equipment such as pool vacuums, chemical levels,
- Has knowledge of Digiquatics Aquatics Software.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Provide superior customer service and resolve customer complaints
and escalated problems.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- One (1) year of competitive swimming in an organized program.
- CPR/AED/FA, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Concussion
recognition are required or ability to obtain prior to start of
season and must be renewed annually.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.