About this Opportunity!
STAR Program Recreation Instructor Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$12.25 - $15.93 per hour
Do you enjoy teaching a variety of classes? Want to make a positive
impact on individuals with disabilities in your community? If you
answered YES, this is the opportunity for you! The STAR Program
Recreation Instructor is responsible for implementing specialized and
inclusive programming for individuals with disabilities. This position
is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of classes for
participants with varying levels of skill and ability to include:
Aquatics, Fitness, Sports, Arts and Enrichment, Dances, Trips, Special
Events and more. Our ideal candidate is prepared, creative and
energized when teaching.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities in
recreation programs, adapted aquatics or similar activity is preferred.
- Experience working with community groups such as volunteers is a plus.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and
- Will have knowledge of teaching and learning techniques and methodologies.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate positive interaction
techniques with people of all ages and ability levels.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age for non-driving position.
- Current certifications in AED/CPR and First Aid or the ability to
obtain such certifications within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Ability to verbally communicate with both children and adults is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License. Must be
insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to drive for the
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.