About this Opportunity!
Facility Assistant Part-Time
Littleton - Buck Recreation Center
$12.75 - $16.68 per hour
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join
our team as a Facility Assistant. The Facility Assistant is
responsible for assisting in all facility operations. In addition to
performing on-going customer service duties, this position provides
supervision and leadership in the absence of the Customer Service
Supervisor. This position is responsible for administering and
enforcing facility rules and policies, including leadership during
emergency situations. The position effectively handles a variety of
customer situations and is responsible for fostering superior customer
and employee relations. This position also is responsible for daily
maintenance aspects within the building including, but not limited to,
room set ups and tear downs, light equipment and facility
cleaning. This job will require weekend shifts as well as
holidays, evenings, and some mornings.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous customer service and computer experience is required.
- Will have knowledge of recreational programming and facility operations.
- Will have experience working with registration, point of sale and
facility scheduling software programs.
- Will be highly motivated and take direction well.
- Will have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Will provide superior customer service and will have the ability
to positively interact with coworkers, customers, and supervisors.
- Ability to handle cash flow with accuracy in adherence to
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in recreation, customer
service, or other closely related field.
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain upon hire.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.