About this Opportunity!
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic Full-Time
Littleton - South Suburban Service Center
$43,600 - $54,440 Annually
Under the supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Supervisor, this position is responsible for performing various
skilled labor tasks that are assoicated with accepted mechanical
maintenance practices for park and facility maintenance.
- Interpret plumbing, electrical and HVAC blueprints for use in
repair of facilities.
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical lighting, motors and
- Diagnose and repair of facility heating and cooling systems and
various mechanical components.
- Performs general maintenance and repair of swimming pool
mechanicals at indoor and out-door pools (pumps/boilers) including
start-up operation, inspection and winterization.
- Maintain material cost tracking data for maintenance and repairs
of equipment. Work within budget guidelines to maintain shop
inventory and tools.
- Perform preventive maintenance and services on HVAC units, pump
motors, bearings, lighting, plumbing and various types of mechanical equipment.
- Willing to be on-call rotating weekends and daily off hours
throughout the year.
- Drives to District facilities as needed. May be required to drive
a district vehicle as needed.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience and training
in at least one of the mechanical skilled trade fields, or education
in lieu of training.
- A minimum of four (4) years of skilled work experience that is
inherent to facility mechanical maintenance is preferred.
- Electrical, HVAC, plumbing and/or pool maintenance experience preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- Licensed in electrical, plumbing or HVAC preferred.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the techniques, tools and equipment involved
in repair mechanical/routine maintenance of commercial recreational
buildings, commercial indoor/outdoor pools and outdoor shelter/restrooms.
- Must be competent in troubleshooting and problem solving
techniques to efficiently identify problems and come up with a solution.
- Knowledge of renewable energy, energy saving techniques and energy
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with outside contractors to attain bids and
coordinate jobs from start to finish.
- Ability to interpret plumbing, electrical and HVAC blueprints for
use in repair of facilities, troubleshoot and assess emergency
building and equipment problems and respond in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize situations and goals
to maximize available resources and problem solving skills in order
to analyze complex problems and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses a personal computer and tablet, including database,
spreadsheet, word-processing, and other program specific applications.
Equipment inherent to Skilled Trades, such as, Volt/Electrical meters,
50ft tow behind man lift, 35ft man lift, Cordless drill, saws,
grinders, 75ft sewer auger drain machine, Wire welder, Acetylene/map
gas torch, refrigerant gauges, manometer, and underground location
detector. This position may need to drive a District vehicle and/or a
personal vehicle for business purposes.
Works in the field subject to variable weather, ecosystems and
landscape. Works in an office environment subject to continuous
interruptions and background noises.
The daily routine requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, sit, talk and hear; use hands to
finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools and controls. Required
to reach with hands and arms and frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds unassisted. May occasionally lift up to 100 lbs. with
assistance. Specific vision abilities requirements include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, night vision, peripheral
vision, and depth perception.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and
ice arena for you AND your eligible family members
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.