About this Opportunity!
Assistant Golf Maintenance Worker
Lone Tree Golf Course
$38,400.00 - $46,000.00 Annually
The 2nd Assistant Golf Maintenance position is responsible for golf
course maintenance duties as well as general cleanliness and upkeep of
the course. This position directs and participates in the daily
maintenance of golf course including: irrigation troubleshooting,
repair, and operation, fertilizer spraying and calibration, equipment
operation, chemical application, knowledge of central control systems
including freedom commands, supervision of part-time personnel and
- Assists in planning, directing, and implementing the maintenance
of golf course greens, tees, fairways, roughs and irrigation system.
- Supervises, assists in training, and scheduling, assigning and
evaluating golf course personnel in all the areas of daily golf
- Evaluates the golf course conditions and reports those to the golf
- Performs daily and weekly planning for maintenance of the golf course.
- Instructs equipment operators in the safe operation and
maintenance of all equipment.
- Participates in the operation and maintenance of pump stations, as
well as the maintenance and operation of the irrigation and drainage systems.
- Applies fertilizers, herbicide, amendments, and chemicals, and
maintains records as required.
- Performs routine upkeep: rakes sand traps; mows greens, tees,
roughs and landscaped areas; repairs divots and surround areas;
edges sand traps; performs landscaping such as maintaining flower
beds, hand trimming, and pulling weeds.
- Performs minor irrigation repairs in the landscape areas.
- May be required to be available for on-call snow removal as needed.
- Picks up and disposes of trash and other miscellaneous articles.
- May be required to drive a district vehicle as needed. May drive a
personal vehicle to other locations for business purposes.
- Complies with District and departmental rules and regulations and
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special assignments as directed by Supervisor.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) year college degree in the Turf Grass Management or
related field preferred.
- Valid Pesticide Application License in the turf and ornamental
category is preferred.
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver license and a good driving
record, or the ability to obtain upon hire.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
The ability to successfully complete a background check including and
not limited to criminal history search and motor vehicle record check
Schedule varies day; evening, weekend and/or holiday hours will be required.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 457
retirement plan, and paid time off!
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Review of applications will begin immediately and initial interviews
may commence prior to and/or after the advertised close date.
ABOUT SOUTH SUBURBAN
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.