About this Opportunity!
Recreation Complex Facility Manager
Full Time, Exempt
$57,600 - $71,380 Annually
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Recreation, this
position is responsible for the management and supervision of the
Recreation Complex operations, programming, rentals, hospitality
service and customer service. This position will be responsible for
managing, developing and implementing programs and staff to support
the overall mission and goals of the District. The position will be
directly responsible for managing the fieldhouse sections, lobby/front
desk, hospitality (kitchen and bar service) and overall building
maintenance. This position will provide support to the administration
offices and the ice arena sections of the building.
- Direct and supervise the daily work activities of multiple
full-time staff members including an Athletic Coordinator, Athletic
Registration Supervisor, Grill Supervisor and Assistant Grill Supervisor.
- Direct and supervise the daily work activities of multiple
full-time, part-time and contracted personnel including, but not
limited to, cleaning service, kitchen/bar personnel, front desk
staff and sport activity services.
- Supervisory duties include training, documenting performance,
counseling and commending personnel on performance.
- Plan, lead and maintain the day-to-day operations of the Complex.
- Determines, oversees and assists in the development of staffing
needs and creating schedules. Along with reviewing and approving
timecards. Works directly with Payroll Department to resolve any pay issues.
- Oversees and assists in the development of the budget for areas
under supervision and direct responsibility. Maintains fiscal
responsibility concerning areas of supervision.
- Prepares operating, facility, procedural and emergency manuals
related to areas of supervision and verifies they operate seamlessly
in the supported areas of the building.
- Determines room priority through a team approach with all
Recreation, Ice and Administration staff.
- Prepares and maintains a complete facility schedule of programs
- Coordinates daily, weekly and monthly building maintenance
scheduling including all related contracted cleaning services. Works
with Maintenance Supervisor to create and coordinate a system to
monitor all mechanical systems to include HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
- Prepares and solicits bids from outside vendors for facility
maintenance materials, machinery, equipment and furnishings. Awards
bids and purchases needed materials.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular occurrence and actively
attends ice meetings to fully support their needs and ensure
programming and staffing do not overextend the building, parking or
regular staffing capabilities. Promotes teamwork District-wide.
- Maintains records and prepares periodic reports as directed
including attendance, program registration, personnel reports,
inventory and others as needed.
- Maintains a culture of providing excellent customer service and
ensures consistency across all facilities and programs. Responds
tactfully and in a timely fashion to inquiries and problems in
person, by email, phone and mail providing helpful information and
explanations in line with District policies and procedures.
Thoughtfully handles confrontational or stressful interactions.
- Ensures proper training of employees in CPR, First aid and AED
use. Ensures proper safety and risk management procedures at the
facility including reporting of all incidents and accidents.
- Ensures proper training of employees in beverage service and food
- Performs other duties and special assignments as directed by the
Director or Assistant Director of Recreation including assignments
that may be outside the primary area of employment.
- May serve as an Emergency Services Worker.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation or a closely related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in Facilities
Management/Operations. Preferred experience includes management of a
large public recreation facility.
- Minimum (1) year of previous supervisory experience.
- Previous hospitality experience desired.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- CPR, First Aid and AED certificates, or the ability to obtain upon hire.
- TIPS certification, or the ability to obtain upon hire.
- Sersafe Food Handler certification or the ability to obtain upon hire.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands the general philosophy of recreation and its
application. Knowledge of basic techniques and methodology of
organizing groups in a recreation setting.
- Knowledge of basic restaurant management or possess the desire to
learn more regarding hospitality services.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the work of staff effectively.
May work evenings, weekends, and some holidays may be required.
Possess a willingness to assist and/or fill in all full time and
part time positions within area of responsibility as needed.
- Excellent skills with effectively managing multiple projects concurrently
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses a phone, computer, printer, fax and other office
equipment. This position also regularly operates a hand held two-way
radio and a motor vehicle to drive to various District locations.
This position primarily works in a busy office environment located in
a loud Recreation Complex and office environment subject to continuous
interruptions and background noises. The employee is exposed to wet,
cold and slippery conditions. May work in a cool environment at times;
the temperature at the ice rink(s) will vary from 40-55 degrees
Fahrenheit. Occasionally works outside subject to variable weather
conditions, ecosystems and landscape.
Stand, walk, handle and operate objects and office equipment, reach
outward and above shoulder and carry, pull, push or lift up to 25 lbs.
May occasionally ice skate, climb, crawl, kneel and lift up to 50 lbs.
The employee must be able to see close up and at a distance with
vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus allowing a broad field
of vision. The employee must communicate clearly and effectively, must
understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.