About this Opportunity!
(Full Time, Non-Exempt)
$38,400 - $46,00 Annually
Under the supervision of General Manager Ice & Sports Operations,
this position is responsible for the day to day operations of the food
and beverage operation within the facility, including food prep and
cooking when needed. Provides timely, accurate and friendly service
while preparing the highest quality beverages and food for guests.
Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating and coaching grill staff.
Ensures appropriate staffing and responsive service to create an
exceptional dining experience for all guests. Continuously abides by
and promotes the District's mission to foster healthy living through
stewardship of the environment, parks, trails and open space and by
providing recreational services and programs.
- Completes monthly food and beverage inventories and files reports
with the District Accounting Department.
- Continually drives revenue through all means available including,
but not limited to, satellite sales through beverage carts and patio
service, regular and creative specials and occasional sales.
Provides staff with ongoing training in service and sales.
- Hires, trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates assigned staff;
provides or coordinates staff training; and works with employees to
- Prepares and monitors budget, manage revenues and expenditures and
prepare financial reports. Negotiate concession contracts. Prepares
purchase orders, RFP’s, and invoice requests. Prepares short and
long-range revenue/expenditure projections, check revenue streams,
etc. Develop and implement strategies to increase usage of assigned
areas. Calculates program fees to meet cost-recovery goals.
Formulates comprehensive business plans by researching and analyzing
market information is essential.
- Develops, implements, and tracks results of all marketing
strategies to ensure the utilization; notify the public of District
events. Promotes a positive image to the public. Participates in
community planning and organizational meetings.
- Provides support to special projects, promotions, or initiatives
within the facility. Plans and organizes special events throughout
- Prepares, enforces, maintains and modifies policies and procedures
manuals; conducts periodic staff meetings to provide and gather
information, answer questions and respond to complaints and
concerns, both internally and externally.
- Develops and maintains relationships with District employees,
vendors, and various outside user groups to coordinate their
programs and special events.
- Ensures that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive,
friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Informs guests of specials and menu changes. Makes recommendations
guests will enjoy.
- Answers questions about food, beverages, and other restaurant
functions and services.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests, enters orders in our point-of-system.
- Prepares and serves various alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
consistent with standard drink recipes.
- Approximately 20-25% of time may be spent preparing and cooking food.
- Prepares and delivers food and beverages from kitchen and bar to
guests in a timely matter.
- Monitors and observes guests dining experience. Ensure guests are
satisfied with the food and beverage service. Responds promptly and
courteously to any requests.
- Prepares final bill, presents check to guest, accepts payment,
processes credit card charges or makes changes (if applicable).
- Washes and sterilizes glassware.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional
manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Clears and resets tables in dining and bar area.
- Maintains cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters,
sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas. Ensures all state,
local, and District health standards are met in food areas at all times.
- Maintains accurate records. Ensures food and liquor licenses are
current, displayed and applied for in a timely manner.
- Assists the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Responsible to ensure all state, local and District health
standards are met in food areas at all times.
- Must perform the administrative duties for the facility, such as
ordering inventory and supplies.
- Creates schedules by guest need and managers labor costs.
Schedules self by guest need, providing on-site leadership at all
times of high guest use and expectation.
- Opens/closes restaurant and completes all checklists.
- Complies with health Department and other governmental agency regulations.
- Responds tactfully, respectfully and in a timely fashion to
inquiries and problems in person, by email, phone and mail providing
helpful information and explanations in-line with District policies
and procedures. Thoughtfully handles confrontational or stressful interactions.
- Must have the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Actively facilitates and participates in employee cross-training activities.
- This position will be required to work varied work hours
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings and, orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Food and
Beverage Management or related field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of restaurant operations experience and
a minimum of one (1) year previous supervisory experience is required.
- Previous customer service experience in a restaurant setting is
- Commercial cooking skills a plus.
- A combination of hospitality experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- Must have successfully completed Safe Serve or Safe Food Handler
training through Tri-County Health Department or complete within
four (4) months of hire.
- Must have Food Protection Manager’s certificate or ability to have
within one (1) year of hire.
- Current Colorado Food Handler certification or ability to obtain
within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Current ServSafe and TIPS certifications or ability to obtain
within six (6) months of hire.
- Certified Food & Beverage Executive Certification or ability
to obtain within one (1) year of hire.
- May be required to become certified as a trainer for any and all
department certifications or training.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License, or have the ability
to obtain upon hire, and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable and able to manage and comply with Health
Department, Liquor Enforcement, and other governmental agency regulations.
- Must be highly motivated, customer service driven and willing to
travel to various District locations on a weekly or even daily basis.
- Strong knowledge of: restaurant operations; employee management;
food and beverage health standards; food preparation and production;
customer service principles; planning and organization; and budget management.
- The ability to successfully: establish and maintain a superior
sales and service environment.
- Ability to work productively without supervision within
established organizational policies and procedures; resolve customer
complaints and escalated problems; effectively manage employees and budgets.
- Skilled in: customer service, sales, recruiting, supervising,
training, evaluating and motivating employees, and vendor relations.
- Cross-training in all department positions including kitchens,
beverage carts and concessions will be part of ongoing training and experience.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses: banquet, kitchen/grill equipment, cash registers, POS
systems, credit-card machine, and calculator. Also regularly uses a
phone, computer, printer, fax and other office equipment. This
position will use motor vehicle to drive to various District locations
and industry events.
Primarily works in a busy restaurant, hotel, and event environment
subject to heat and steam, continuous interruptions, and background
noises. Will be working in a warm environment where temperatures can
rise or fall quickly. Occasionally works out of doors, subject to
variable weather conditions, ecosystems and landscape.
Stand, walk, handle and operate office equipment, reach outward and
above shoulder and carry, pull, push or lift up to 40 lbs. The
employee will regularly move equipment, tables and chairs.
Occasionally climb, crawl, squat, kneel, carry, pull, push or lift up
to 50 lbs. with or without assistance. The employee must be able to
see close up and at a distance with vision acuity and the ability to
adjust focus allowing a broad field of vision. The employee must
communicate clearly and effectively, must understand and be
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.