About this Opportunity!
Arts & Enrichment Instructor II Part-Time
$13.84 - $18.00 per hour
Do you have a passion for teaching? Are you an exemplary teacher who
loves enriching the lives of others? Then this is the opportunity for
you! The Arts & Enrichment Instructor teaches arts and enrichment
classes for all ages in both group and individual settings. This
position also teaches specialized arts, enrichment classes, birthday
parties and special events offsite. The course curriculum includes,
but is not limited to: fine arts, performing arts, drama, dance,
music, science, writing, culinary, travel, continuing education and
specialized classes for active adults and parent/child and tot
programs. Our ideal candidate will be prepared, creative and energized
while providing a safe learning environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Prior experience teaching art and/or enrichment is highly preferred.
- Current AED/CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive work relationship with
program participants, parents of children, and staff.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with children, parents of
children, and staff.
- Must have the ability to visually and audibly supervise children
in a variety of situations.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Will have knowledge of child care programming; recreation and its
application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; program
management; and customer service principles.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least three (3) years of teaching experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability
to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be
insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Perks of Employment at South Suburban
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.