About this Opportunity!
Prep Cook/Dishwasher Part-Time
$12.32 - $14.91 per hour
Are you passionate about food? Would you like to prepare delicious
dishes for our guests and play a critical role in the kitchen? If so,
you are the rockstar Prep Cook we are looking for! The Prep Cook is
responsible for preparing ingredients for cooking including
portioning, chopping and storing. This position will prepare food with
different methods of preparation and use a variety of tools and
equipment. This position performs other duties in the areas of food
and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked
items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates.
The Prep Cook/Dishwasher is also responsible for washing and
sanitizing tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment, and ensuring
the dish room and equipment are clean and organized.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have knowledge of food preparation and production for volume restaurant.
- Will be able to read recipes and memorize and replicate food
- Will be have the ability to understand and follow direction from
others and is able to work well in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Possesses a clear understanding of weights and measures and have
proficient math skills.
- Will have the ability to follow time schedules for meal
preparation and serving.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Will have knowledge of health standards and ability to communicate
effectively. Ability to comply with the Health Department and other
governmental agency regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in kitchen preparation and cooking preferred.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food
preparation positions preferred.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.