About this Opportunity!
Day Camp Counselor Part-Time
Centennial - Goodson Recreation Center
$12.58 - $16.35 per hour
Do you enjoy working with children and want a fun and rewarding job?
This job is for you! We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic Day
Camp Counselor who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and
leading children through a variety of outdoor and indoor activities.
This position is responsible for assisting with the daily preparation
and implementation of program activities and maintaining an
appropriate and safe recreational environment for children. In
addition, the Day Cap Counselor will work directly with children and
parents on a daily basis and may provide leadership and guidance to
additional part-time day camp staff including Day Camp Aides and volunteers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive work relationship with
program participants, parents, and staff.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with children, parents,
- Must have ability to visually and audibly supervise children in a
variety of situations.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Will have knowledge of child care programming; recreation and its
application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; program
management; and customer service principles.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of 480 hours of verifiable full time or equivalent
part-time experience working with children in a similar setting with
children of same age as position assignment.
- Must meet appropriate Leader requirements/qualifications and
provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado’s
Department of Human Services upon hire.
- Current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Standard
Precautions, and Medication Administration or the ability to obtain
such certifications upon hire.
- Complete fifteen (15) training hours annually.
- Satisfactory criminal background check including Colorado Bureau
of Investigations and TRAILS/Central Registry criminal record review
as required by the Colorado Department of Social Services within
five (5) working days of employment.
- Provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado
Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability
to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be
insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.