About this Opportunity!
Assistant Golf Professional I Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$12.58 - $16.35 per hour
Do you love the game of golf? This is your opportunity to share your
passion of golf while providing all guests with exceptional customer
service. The Assistant Golf Professional is responsible for the daily
golf shop operations including guest services and assisting the
Merchandiser Coordinator with the selection, receiving, inventory, and
sales and promotion of all hard goods in the pro shops. Assignments
are based on the needs of operation. This position be required to work
early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. May supervise the Pro
Shop Assistant and/or outside Range and Cart Attendant staff.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must have established client base. Will earn 85% of lesson fees
(all new lessons contracted by third party).
- Must be able to work 16-20 hours in the pro shop in addition to
- Will have knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and
general office equipment (computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.).
- Will be proficient with applicable computer software applications
(Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and
operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a High School
diploma or GED equivalent.
- Any combination equivalent to: work experience involving assisting
the public, general record keeping and/or handling money preferred.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.