About this Opportunity!
Head Swim Coach Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$ 13.00 - $17.08 per hour
Are you an energetic person with a drive and desire to work with
children and help them become better athletes and better people? Do
you enjoy the challenge of helping swimmers improve through consistent
feedback and helping them to strive beyond their own limitations? If
you answered YES, this is the position for you! The Head Swim Coach is
responsible for the development of the competitive swimming program
and directly supervises the assistant coaches. This position ensures
safety of all students in the class as well as creating a positive and
fun learning environment. The Head Swim Coach may require shifts
ranging from morning to evening hours and weekends.
Our Ideal Candidate
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or Water Safety Instructor
- Knowledge of the general philosophy of aquatics, recreation, and
its application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; and
customer service principle preferred.
- Ability to safely extricate individuals from a pool who vary in
weight, with or without assistance, at any given time.
- Ability to react effectively to all potential mental, physical,
and stressful situations inherent to the duties of a First Responder.
- Has knowledge of equipment such as pool vacuums, chemical levels
- Has knowledge of Digiquatics Aquatics Software.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to provide superior customer service and resolve customer
complaints and escalated problems.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Two (2) years previous competitive coaching experience (a
combination of seasons equating to 2 years, also accepted).
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Concussion
recognition are required or ability to obtain prior to start of
season and must be renewed annually.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.