About this Opportunity!
Sports Instructor I (Youth Track) Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$12.32 - $14.00 per hour
Closing Date: May 10, 2021
Track Season - May 25, 2021 through July 24, 2021
If you have a passion for sports, want to work with a dynamic team,
are high energy, and want to help the next generation learn, then the
Sports Instructor position is for you! This position is responsible
for the supervision and instruction of assigned athletics programs.
The Sports Instructor will develop lesson plans and evaluate and
assess skill level and progress of all participants. This position may
require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have general knowledge of assigned sport including rules and regulations.
- Will understand how the game is played including the principles,
practice, and techniques used in recreational sporting events.
- Will have the ability to make proper calls on command and the
ability to accept criticism.
- Has the ability to handle participants, team managers and/or
coaches under difficult game situations.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with fellow employees, various community
organizations, and the public.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- No experience necessary. Must be able and willing to follow
instructions of provided lesson plans, remain engaged with
participants and willing to learn fundamentals of assigned sport.
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience in assigned sport area
through athletics, teaching, coaching or competitions.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.