About this Opportunity!
Assistant Golf Professional
(Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Salary: $43,600 - $52,440 per year
Under the supervision of the Head Golf Professional, this position is
responsible for all operations and management of the golf course
facility. The Assistant Golf Professional will act on behalf of the
Head Professional when they are unavailable.
- Assists with hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and
evaluating golf personnel; assists in providing or coordinating
staff training; and assists employees to correct deficiencies.
- Assists Head Professional with all golf course responsibilities
and is in charge of the facility and the Pro Shop in the absence of
the Head Professional.
- Performs scheduling of the Pro Shop’s front counter staff.
- Supervises front counter operations and staff.
- Manages all scheduling aspects of the daily Tee-Sheet for all
patrons who are playing golf.
- Collects customer greens fees and operates cash register and
- Assists with reviewing daily schedule of the golf course Cart and
- Assists in planning and organizing tournaments and special events
at the golf course. Directs staff and remains on site throughout the
event to coordinate details as needed.
- Completes special projects including, but not limited to: light
painting, cleaning and dusting of Pro Shop and facility as needed.
- Attends District trainings and meetings and may be assigned to
District committees and work groups.
- Attends work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
- Observes necessary precautions to assure the safety of the general
public; inspects facilities for safety and maintenance needs.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays
abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of golf.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years of trade or vocational training
specifically in a Golf related program.
Bachelor degree in Golf Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in golf course operation
with some supervisory duties is preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- PGA Class A Membership which includes three (3) levels of business
school is highly preferred.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record is required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all aspects of golf course operations.
- Ability to handle cash flow with accuracy in adherence to
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and general office
equipment (computer, copier, fax, telephone, calculator, hand held
- Knowledge of emergency first-aid procedures.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to investigate and resolve complaints concerning programs
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses a phone, computer, cash register, credit card machine,
calculator, printer, fax and other common office and golf equipment.
This position also uses and operates custodial cleaning supplies and
equipment. This position may need to drive a personal vehicle to
various District facilities.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, and requires the ability
to drive. This includes a busy Pro shop environment subject to
continuous interruptions and background noises. This position also
requires work outside subject to variable weather conditions,
ecosystems, and landscape.
Stand, walk, handle and operate objects and equipment, reach outward
and above shoulder and carry, pull, push or lift up to 25 lbs. May
occasionally climb, crawl, squat, kneel and lift up to 50 lbs. and
carry, pull, push or lift 75 lbs. or more with or without assistance.
The employee must be able to see close up and at a distance with
vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus allowing a broad field
of vision. The employee must communicate clearly and effectively, must
understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation time, sick leave, personal leave
- District paid life insurance and long term disability
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.