About this Opportunity!
Gymnastics Assistant - Part-time
Centennial - Goodson Recreation Center
$13.84 - $18.00 per hour
Are you an energetic, self-motivated individual seeking a fun and
challenging opportunity teaching gymnastics and working with children?
If you answered YES, then this is your opportunity to help
participants flip and tumble their way to self-confidence and healthy
living! The Gymnastics Assistant position is responsible for gymnastic
instruction, keeping accurate attendance records, follow developed
lesson plans, distribute progress reports, as well as evaluate and
assess skill level and progress of all participants. Candidate must be
available Monday- Friday between 9am- 3pm and Saturdays before noon
with a minimum of 15 hours a week commitment. Schedule will vary from
session to session. This position has potential to expand
responsibilities with up to 35 hours/week and part time benefits as
birthday party programming resumes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- One (1) year of experience in a structured gymnastics program
through teaching, coaching or competitions preferred.
- Must have the ability and willingness to follow instructions of
provided lesson plans and remain engaged with participants.
- Will be competent in a variety of gymnastics skills progressions
and spotting techniques at all levels of gymnastics including competitive.
- Competent in the use of a variety of gymnastics equipment.
- Will establish and maintain working relationships with employees
and the public.
- Has the ability to communicate verbally with both children and adults.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Graduation from high school or completion of GED and one (1) year
working with young children (toddler to school aged) in a
recreational, educational and/or child care setting; or any
equivalent combination of acceptable education and years of experience.
- Current certifications in AED/CPR/First Aid or the ability to
obtain such certifications within sixty (60) days of employment
- Concussion recognition training is required and must be renewed annually.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at South Suburban
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.