About this Opportunity!
Golf Irrigation Specialist
(Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Salary: $38,400 - $46,000 per year
Under the supervision of the Golf Course Maintenance Superintendent,
this position is responsible for directing and participating in the
daily maintenance of the golf course which includes irrigation
troubleshooting, repair, and operation.
- Assists in planning, directing, and implementing the maintenance
of golf course greens, tees, fairways, roughs and irrigation system.
- Assists and may be responsible for hiring, training, scheduling,
supervising, and evaluating personnel; assists in providing or
coordinating staff training; and assists employees to correct deficiencies.
- Evaluates the conditions of the golf course and reports them to
the golf course superintendent.
- Performs daily and weekly planning for maintenance of the golf course.
- Instructs equipment operators in the safe operation and
maintenance of all equipment.
- Participates in the operation and maintenance of pump stations, as
well as the maintenance and operation of the irrigation and drainage systems.
- Applies fertilizers, herbicides, amendments, and chemicals, and
maintains records as required.
- Performs minor irrigation repairs in the landscaped areas.
- Picks up and disposes of trash and other miscellaneous articles.
- May be required to be available for on-call snow removal as needed.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attends work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or
equivalent. Two-year college degree in the Turf Grass Management or
related field preferred.
- Must have previous experience in the field of golf course maintenance.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to
obtain within thirty (30) of hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of central control systems including freedom commands.
- Knowledge of how to play the game of golf and understand how job
performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and rough.
- Knowledge in the use and operating standards of equipment and
tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material
requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
- Ability to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns,
construct tees and/or greens.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
This position regularly uses golf carts, mowers, diesel- electric and
gasoline-powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers,
tractors, edgers, trimmers, shovels, rakes, hand-held power tolls,
irrigation systems, and other mechanical equipment, and custodial
cleaning supplies This position uses a telephone, computer, and other
common office equipment. This position may need to drive a District
vehicle and/or personal vehicle for business purposes.
The employee in this position is regularly exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and
extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving
mechanical parts; precarious places; fumes or airborne particles;
toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Stand, walk, sit, manually manipulate, reach outward, reach above
shoulder, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds without
assistance. May occasionally climb, crawl and lift up to 100 lbs. with
assistance. The employee must be able to see close up and at a
distance with vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus allowing a
broad field of vision. The employee must communicate clearly and
effectively, must understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation time, sick leave, personal leave
- District paid life insurance and long term disability
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.