About this Opportunity!
Swim Instructor Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$12.32 - $14.91 per hour
Looking for a great part-time gig where the work is actually fun? Do
you have a passion for aquatics? This is the job for you! The Swim
Instructor is responsible for teaching swim lessons that motivate,
educate and encourage students of all ages and varying abilities while
developing swim skills. The ideal candidate must maintain knowledge
and understanding of all swimming strokes and skills, as well as
knowledge of American Red Cross Learn-To-Swim levels. We are currently
looking for shifts ranging from morning to evening hours and weekends.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have previous experience teaching swim lessons.
- Possess American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification.
- Will possess knowledge and understanding of all swimming strokes
and skills, as well as knowledge of America Red Cross Learn-to-Swim levels.
- Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and
remain calm in emergencies.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Can work independently.
- Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Must be 15 years of age at the time of application.
- Possession of current certifications in CPR/AED and First Aid.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.