About this Opportunity!
Early Childhood Teacher Part-Time
$12.58 - $16.35 per hour
Are you an energetic, nurturing person looking for a workplace that's
supportive and fun? Do you love working with young children and enjoy
helping them learn and grow? If you answered YES, this is the job for
you! The Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for coordinating the
daily operations of assigned classes. This position will plan, present
and evaluate educational and recreational activities for children in a
safe environment. This position will work directly with children and
parents on a daily basis providing quality customer service.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Will have knowledge of child care programming; recreation and its
application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; program
management; and customer service principles.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with children, parents,
- Must have ability to visually and audibly supervise children in a
variety of situations.
- Ability to work productively without supervision within
established organizational policies and procedures.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education,
Elementary Education, Child Psychology or Special Education. OR
Associate’s degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education
and six (6) months of verified experience working with children in a
child development program.
- Must meet appropriate Group Leader requirements/qualifications and
provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado’s
Department of Human Services upon hire.
- Current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Standard Precautions.
- Complete fifteen (15) hours of training annually.
- Satisfactory criminal background check including Colorado Bureau
of Investigations and TRAILS/Central Registry criminal record review
as required by the Colorado Department of Social Services within
five (5) working days of employment.
- Provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado
Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.