About this Opportunity!
Head Lifeguard Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$12.58 - $16.35 per hour
Do you have a passion for aquatics? If you answered YES, we have the
opportunity for you! We are looking for trustworthy leaders who want
to make positive connections with our patrons and program
participants, and have a keen eye for safety, and set the tone for a
safe environment for guests ranging from kids to seniors. The Head
Lifeguard position is responsible for lifeguarding, water rescue, and
safety procedures in the prevention of injuries and emergency
situations at the pool facility. Head Lifeguards also complete daily
maintenance and cleaning of the pool/facility and respond to questions
and inquiries from the public. Head lifeguards are responsible for
assisting with the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the
pool and lifeguard staff. These duties include supervision of staff
guarding and teaching lessons, checking and maintaining proper
chemical readings, and enforcing District and pool rules with staff
and patrons. Head Guards are responsible for the on-site operation of
the pool in the absence of senior leadership and are expected to be
available to handle any situations that arise. This position may
assist with in-services and trainings. We are currently looking for
all hours of operation: mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have previous aquatics/lifeguarding experience.
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Can work independently.
- Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and
remain calm in emergencies.
- Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- A minimum of one (1) year of lifeguarding experience required.
- Must possess current certifications in American Red Cross
- Must successfully pass the District Water tests.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.