About this Opportunity!
Official - Adult Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$20.00 per hour
Do you love sports and miss that feeling of being on the field in the
middle of the action? This is the perfect job for you! The Official is
responsible for refereeing events for all levels of competition and
providing a fun and safe environment for individuals of all ages. The
ideal candidate will maintain positive attitude and provide a fun,
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- One (1) year of previous referee/umpiring, playing or coaching
experience is preferred.
- Understands how the game is played including the principles,
practice, and techniques used in recreational sporting events.
- Ability to handle participants, team managers and/or coaches under
difficult game situations.
- Will have the ability to make proper calls on command and the
ability to accept criticism.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with fellow employees, various community
organizations, and the public.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.