About this Opportunity!
Park Maintenance Worker Part-Time Seasonal
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$12.58 - $16.35 per hour
Do you enjoy working outside? Would you like to earn extra spending
money? If you answered YES, this is the opportunity for you! The Park
Maintenance Worker is a seasonal position that is responsible for
learning, acquiring and performing various skills associated with
accepted parks maintenance practices including, but not limited to.
natural open space, trails and grounds maintenance work.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is available to work weekends, evenings and holidays as well as
work shifts different from other work groups.
- Will have the knowledge of common commercial maintenance practices
used in public facility maintenance, trail and open space
maintenance, and irrigation maintenance.
- Will have one (1) year of park maintenance work to include
commercial mowing operations, small engine tool use in the
construction or landscape trade and operation of commercial
- Will have the ability to maintain public shelter facilities
including picnic table repair, trash receptacle repair, stocking
supplies, painting, staining, restroom cleaning, sanitizing, and
- Will have knowledge of public safety practices while maintaining
public areas and the ability to perform job hazard analysis.
- Must possess effective verbal communication to establish and
maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
- Typically works 6 to 9 months out of the year
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.