About this Opportunity!
Drama Instructor Part-Time
Buck Recreation Center | Goodson Recreation Center | Lone Tree
$12.58 - $16.35 per hour
Do you have a passion for teaching? Are you an exemplary teacher who
loves enriching the lives of others? Then this is the opportunity for
you! As part of the Arts & Enrichment program, the Drama
Instructor will work with students to learn the art of age appropriate
theater performance using voice, movement, characterization and
improvisation in a variety of classes and productions for youth ages
5-16 years. Must be prepared, creative and energized while providing a
safe learning environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Prior performance experience teaching art and/or enrichment is
- Current AED/CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive work relationship with
program participants, parents of children, and staff.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with children, parents of
children, and staff.
- Must have the ability to visually and audibly supervise children
in a variety of situations.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Will have knowledge of child care programming; recreation and its
application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; program
management; and customer service principles.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least one (1) year of teaching experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability
to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be
insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve nearly 155,000 residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley,
Centennial west of I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and
unincorporated portions of Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties.
We operate four full-service recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor
pools and restaurants, two ice centers and miniature golf courses, and
a BMX track, a sports dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a
hotel and a nature center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres
of developed and open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic
fields, more than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60
playgrounds, 56 tennis courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.