About this Opportunity!
Facility Assistant Part-Time
Littleton - Buck Recreation Center
$13.00 - $17.08 per hour
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join
our team as a Facility Assistant. The Facility Assistant is
responsible for assisting in all facility operations by supporting
front desk and maintenance services through room set ups and tear
downs, and light equipment and facility cleaning. This position will
also provide superior customer service through duties including cash
handling and/or collection, and positively handle a variety of
customer situations. This position also administers and enforces
facility rules and policies and provides supervision and leadership in
the absence of other facility leadership and during emergency
situations. The job may require shifts ranging from morning to evening
hours, weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leadership experience is preferred.
- Will have knowledge of recreational programming and facility operations.
- Has excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Has knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and general
office equipment (computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.).
- Will be proficient with applicable computer software applications
(Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possess basic math skills and has the ability to handle money and
operate a point-of-sale system.
- Will have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain working relationships
with employees and the public.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in recreation, customer
service, or other closely related field.
- Computer experience is required.
- Current certifications in AED/CPR and First Aid or the ability to
obtain such certifications within thirty (30) days of employment.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.