About this Opportunity!
Dance Instructor Part-Time
$13.84 - $24.20 per hour
Seeking super-star dancers! Are you a motivated and energetic dance
instructor who enjoys sharing their passion and education with
individuals of all ages? This is the job for you! The Dance Instructor
is responsible for instructing, explaining, and demonstrating
techniques and methods of dance with musical or rhythmic accompaniment
to students of all ages and varying levels of skill and ability.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Prefer CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Has excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent leadership and presentation skills.
- Will be professional, motivated, reliable, fun and has a love for teaching.
Dance Instructor I - $13.84 - $18.00 per hour
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of previous experience in a specialized dance form.
- Previous experience teaching preferred.
Dance Instructor II - $17.29 - $24.20 per hour
- Five (5) years’ experience teaching in a specialized dance form.
- Instructor shall be a working dancer, and/or dance educator with a
combination of at least three (3) of the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree in Dance or directly related field;
- Ten (10) years of on-going experience in the specialized form of dance.
- Have completed an internship/apprenticeship or affiliation with a
dance company for at least three (3) years.
- Dance certification preferred.
- Possesses extensive knowledge gained through a variety of
specialized workshops/trainings and/or a membership with a major
recognized dance organization.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.