About this Opportunity!
Assistant Golf Mechanic
(Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Salary: $35,600 - $41,670 per year
Under the supervision of the assigned Supervisor, this position is
responsible for assisting the Golf Course Mechanic in major, minor,
and preventive mechanical repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel
powered equipment as well as specialized golf course equipment.
- Assists in inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing mechanical
defects in trucks, mowers, and all assorted golf course equipment.
- Assists in repairing steering systems, fuel systems, universal
joints, hydraulic and hydrostatic systems, ignitions, and electrical systems.
- Assists in overhauling and rebuilding engines.
- Assists in programming and administering preventive maintenance
schedules for all equipment.
- Assists in performing emergency repairs and adjustments out of the
golf maintenance shop.
- Assists in maintaining and controlling inventory of parts and
supplies for the golf maintenance shop. Purchases supplies as needed.
- Assists in performing machining or welding work as required in
making repair fittings used in equipment repairs.
- Assists in maintaining up-to-date records on all phases of shop
operations including preventive maintenance records, fuel
consumption and cost analysis reports.
- Assists in daily inspections, adjusting, grinding, and rebuilding
reels for mowing equipment.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on golf carts.
- This position may be required to assist with daily mowing and/or
bunker maintenance including aeration.
- Assists with snow removal as assigned.
- Attends and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attends work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have one (1) year assistant mechanic experience.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to
obtain within thirty (30) of hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and
automotive apparatuses; theory, care, and operation of internal
combustion engines and mowing equipment; hazards and safety
precautions of the profession.
- Knowledge of how to play the game of golf and understand how job
performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools
used in golf course construction and mechanical work.
- Diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Experience in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and
the making of various types of mechanical repair.
- Ability to repair various types of mechanical equipment under
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses golf carts, mowers, diesel, electric, and
gasoline-powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers,
mowers, and other mechanical equipment, a telephone, computer and
other common office equipment. Drives a District motor vehicle as
needed. This position may need to drive a District vehicle and/or
personal vehicle for business purposes.
The employee in this position is regularly exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and
extreme heat. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts; precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or
caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
Stand, walk, sit, manually manipulate, reach outward, reach above
shoulder, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds. May occasionally climb,
crawl, squat and kneel and lift up to 100 lobs. The employee must be
able to see close up and at a distance with vision acuity and the
ability to adjust focus allowing a broad field of vision. The employee
must communicate clearly and effectively, must understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation time, sick leave, personal leave
- District paid life insurance and long term disability
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.