About this Opportunity!
Private Instructor Aquatics (WSI/non-WSI) Part-Time
non-WSI Private Instructor: $13.84 - $18.00 per hour
WSI Private Instructor: $17.29 - $24.20 per hour
Looking for a great part-time job that is fun and makes a difference?
Do you have a passion for teaching individuals how to become better
swimmers? The Private Instructor Aquatics is the job for you! This
position is responsible for teaching private or semi-private swim
lessons that motivate, educate and encourage clients of all ages and
varying abilities while developing swim skills and achieving client
goals. The Private Instructor Aquatics must maintain knowledge and
understanding of all swimming strokes and skills, as well as knowledge
of American Red Cross Learn-To-Swim levels. This job may require
shifts ranging from morning to evening hours and weekends.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will possess knowledge and understanding of all swimming strokes
and skills, as well as knowledge of America Red Cross Learn-to-Swim levels.
- Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and
remain calm in emergencies.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Can work independently.
- Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Must be fifteen (15) years of age for the non-WSI Private
Instructor and sixteen (16) years of age for the WSI Private Instructor.
- non-WSI Private Instructor: Previous swim instruction experience
and completion of internal training program required.
- WSI Private Instructor: American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.