About this Opportunity!
$12.32 - $14.91 per hour
Looking for candidates that can work 5:00 am to 4:00 pm,
Monday through Friday!
Looking for a fun and meaningful gig? Do you have a passion for
aquatics? This is for you! We are looking for high-energy applicants
to fill various lifeguarding shifts. Lifeguards will be working in a
fast-paced environment and will help to oversee our recreational and
lap pools, both indoor and out. Each member of our Lifeguard team is
responsible for providing excellent customer service while supervising
the aquatics area to prevent accidents, assist swimmers, and respond
to emergencies. The ideal candidates will create a safe, positive and
enjoyable environment that promotes swim safety. We are currently
looking for all hours of operation: mornings, afternoons, evenings,
If you are not currently a certified lifeguard we can train you! To
be placed on a lifeguarding course interest list or to find out all
the details on lifeguarding please copy and paste the link: http://www.ssprd.org/Catalog?pc=3fd1056d-8673-4850-968d-3abcdc571df9#srchhead.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have previous aquatics/lifeguarding experience.
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Can work independently.
- Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and
remain calm in emergencies.
- Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Must be fifteen (15) years of age at the time of application.
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding at time
- Must be available to work a minimum of 10-15 hours a week fall,
winter, and spring 15-20 hours a week during summer.
- Must successfully pass the District Water tests.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.