About this Opportunity!
Park Keeper Part-Time
$12.58 - $16.35 per hour
Do you enjoy working outside? Would you like to earn extra spending
money? If you answered YES, this is the opportunity for you! The Park
Keeper is responsible for performing general park maintenance duties
and cleaning of public facilities including restrooms and shelters at
assigned District parks. The job may require shifts ranging from
morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have experience operating a wide variety of equipment and
tools used in parks maintenance, repair and construction in a safe
and effective manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to work productively without supervision within
established policies and procedures service.
- Has the ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.