About this Opportunity!
Trips & Tours Coordinator Part-Time
$15.00 - $17.00 per hour - Without CDL (pay is for
$21.00 per hour - With CDL while Driving and Leading Trips
Do you enjoy coordinating group trips and tours? Do you enjoy working
with Active Adults 55 and older? If you answered YES, then this is the
job for you! The Trips & Tours Coordinator will lead the Trips and
Tours programming and operation. The primary responsibilities for this
position include coordinating group trips and tours, assisting with
overall Active Adult programs, monitoring budgets, maintaining safe
environments, occasional driving for trips and responding to customer
and staff inquiries. The Trips & Tours Coordinator is also
responsible for the supervision of trips and tours staff and
volunteers including hiring, training and scheduling. The position may
require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours and weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have the ability to plan, organize and sustain our trips and
tours programs as well as related special events that promote and
further the goals of South Suburban Parks and Recreation.
- Marketing knowledge is helpful.
- Will have strong computer skills necessary for trip/tour input,
reports and budget.
- Will provide superior customer service and resolve customer
complaints and escalated problems.
- Will possess basic math skills and has the ability to handle money
and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Will have the ability to drive a 15-passenger vehicle or CDL
required passenger bus as needed.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively verbally; establish and
maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to work
effectively with other employees and the general public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience related to adult programming, customer
service and/or general office work; or any equivalent combination of
acceptable education and years of experience preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certification or ability to obtain the
second within sixty (60) days of hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability
to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be
insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration
- CDL or ability to obtain CDL within sixty (60) days.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.