About this Opportunity!
Park Interpreter/Birthday Party Host Part-Time
$12.32 - $14.91 per hour
Do you have tons of energy? Do love kids and are looking for a way to
give back to your community? If you answered YES, you may be the
person we are looking for! The Park Interpreter/Birthday Party Host is
responsible for planning and conducting nature-themed birthday parties
for groups of children, primarily on weekends, and helping with
occasional weekend coverage at Carson Nature Center, and other public
programs and community booth events. This position is responsible for
set up and clean up, leading activities, and demonstrating outstanding
customer service and energy. The Host can choose availability for 2-8
hour blocks of time on a per diem basis. Parties booked 2 weeks to 2
months in advance may range from 1-2 parties per month up to 7-8
depending on the season and availability.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience with youth in an education setting and experience with
interpretation, recreation or camps is preferred.
- Experience as a naturalist, educator, or Certified Interpretive
Guide is preferred.
- Will have knowledge of Colorado’s ecosystems, flora and fauna or
any combination of these skills is preferred.
- Will have experience providing excellent customer service.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English and be
comfortable speaking in front of groups and has the ability to
control youth groups.
- Must be sixteen (16) years of age, preferrably eighteen (18)+ with
a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of Colorado flora and fauna, or have the
ability to learn.
- Must be comfortable handling insects, spiders and other animals.
- Experience working with children in a group setting strongly preferred.
- Current certifications in CPR and First Aid, or the ability to
obtain within three (3) weeks hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.