About this Opportunity!
Forestry Ground Crew Part-Time
$12.58 - $16.35 per hour
Do you enjoy working outside? Do you have a passion for trees and
people and want to make a positive impact in your community? The
Forestry Ground Crew is responsible for assisting tree climbers or
aerial lift operators in tree care operations. The Forestry Ground
Crew is also responsible for learning to use specialized equipment
such as: various size chainsaws, brush chippers, stump grinders, rope
and saddle climbing equipment and rigging knots.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Training and/or education in forestry or arboriculture is preferred.
- Any combination equivalent to one (1) year skilled labor that is
inherent to landscape maintenance and/or forestry or arboriculture
- Experience in tree debris clean up, tree pruning, and tree
removals is preferred.
- Exhibit use and maintenance of chemical spraying equipment is preferred.
- Understand watering requirements for lawns, trees, plants and
various types of soil preferred.
- Has the skill in or ability to learn the proper use, care and
maintenance of assets such as hand, power and motorized tools
including chainsaws, tree climbing gear, rigging equipment, aerial
lift units, chippers, stump grinders, and snow and ice management equipment.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to work productively without supervision within
established policies and procedures service.
- Has the ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or have the ability
to obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.