About this Opportunity!
Lead Facility Maintenance Supervisor
(Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Salary: $43,600 - $52,440 per year
Under the supervision of the Ice & Facility Maintenance
Supervisor or the Program and Facility Supervisor, this position is
responsible for the supervision of the Custodial/Janitorial staff. The
Lead Facility Maintenance performs skilled and supervisory work in
administrative operations, custodial and preventative maintenance,
construction and repair of the facility and related equipment. Duties
include routine, quick response and emergency repairs.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate assigned staff;
provide or coordinate staff training; and work with employees to
- Plans, assigns and directs personnel engaged in custodial and
preventative maintenance, special projects, off-season crews and
work order assignments.
- Makes periodic checks of unit costs, compares with original
estimates and makes necessary adjustments in job methods. Assists in
the analysis of financial information of special services, projects
and facility program needs.
- Makes personal inspections of work performed, instructs personnel
in their duties, and advises management regarding major concerns.
- Directs the custodial maintenance, preventative maintenance and
repair of the facility. Performs custodial tasks as needed to ensure
a clean facility for the public.
- Prepares purchase orders and directs the purchasing of materials,
chemicals and contractual services.
- Assists Program and Facility Supervisor in the development of
project objectives, standards and procedures. Coordinates the
set-up, repair, inspection, shutdown, and custodial and preventative
maintenance of the Recreation Center.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the Facility
Maintenance budget and ensures operations working within the budget
guidelines. Supervises employee completion of time cards.
- Supervises electrical wiring/rewiring, conduit bending and
installing for building pumps, motor, time clock and miscellaneous
work as needed.
- Supervises repair and construction of plumbing including sewer and
water supply for water closets, sinks, and drinking fountains and
- Supervises daily custodial and preventative maintenance of the
facility according to standards and facility expectations. Services
assigned equipment including, heating and air conditioning units and
- Establishes and maintains custodial and preventative maintenance
management program for the facility including inventory of all major
mechanical equipment, custodial supplies, identification and
timetable for ongoing evening tasks (i.e. repairs, cleaning,
inspections, painting, etc.).
- Attends various meetings to coordinate, plan and communicate to
- Supervises and assists in moving and arranging furniture and
equipment for programs, meetings, and special functions.
- Accountable for appropriate vendor contacts. This includes
securing price quotes through bidding procedures, determining award
of purchase orders based on price/cost analysis and evaluation of
- Coordinates with City and County agencies regarding Community
Service workers. Duties include scheduling, training, supervising
paperwork and authorizing signatures for hours completed.
- Performs minor repair of cardio fitness equipment, strength
training equipment, and stereo equipment.
- Performs the work of, or supervises the work of carpentry,
painting, lock-smithing, electrical, plumbing, pool maintenance,
chemical readings and records, hot tub repairs, motor and boiler
repairs, linoleum tile work, carpet preservation, resurfacing of
hardwood floors, ceramic tile repair, preventative maintenance
duties (filters, greasing, oiling, belts, coils, draining,
winterizing, and high voltage work.) Ensures compliance of all codes
including Tri County Health Department, Fire Department, State
Boiler Inspection, Pest Control, OSHA, SDS sheets, and Sara Title
III and risk management inspections.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of skilled and semi-skilled labor
experience that is inherent to custodial maintenance, facility
maintenance and park or related grounds maintenance. Electrical,
plumbing, and/or swimming pool maintenance experience preferred.
- Previous staff supervisory experience preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
icenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- CPR/AED and First Aid or the ability to obtain within six (6)
months of hire.
- A valid Colorado Driver License and an acceptable driving record,
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the techniques and equipment involved in the
components of custodial maintenance, preventative maintenance, pool
maintenance and the operation of parks and facilities including the
area of building maintenance.
- Knowledge of computer software and an ability to utilize standard
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses floor machines, buffers, vacuums, tools, pressure
washer, brooms, mops, cleaning chemicals, general hand tools, a
telephone, computer and other common office equipment. May drive a
personal vehicle to other locations for business purposes.
The employee primarily works in an indoor environment subject to
continuous interruptions and background noises. This position works
with cleaning chemicals and other cleaning materials.Custodial
positions at Ice Arena facilities at times work in a cool environment;
the temperature at the ice rink(s) will vary from 40-55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Stand, walk, sit, manually manipulate, reach outward, reach above
shoulder, bend, lift, kneeling. Will pull, push and carry loads of
chairs and tables up to 50 pounds. May occasionally climb, crawl,
squat and lift up to 100 lbs. The employee must be able to see close
up and at a distance with vision acuity and the ability to adjust
focus allowing a broad field of vision. The employee must communicate
clearly and effectively, must understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
Medical and Dependent Care
Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
Free Employee Assistance Program
Paid time off including vacation time,
sick leave, personal leave and holidays
District paid life insurance and long term disability
fitness centers and swimming pools
Discounts on recreation classes and golf
Opportunities for training and promotion from within
To view a complete listing of the District’s
most current benefit package
, please visit
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.