About this Opportunity!
Red Cross Instructor Part-Time
$13.00 - $17.08 per hour
Looking for a rewarding job or want to make a second income? South
Suburban Parks and Recreation is looking for an experienced Red Cross
Instructor who is passionate about teaching and working in the
community. The Red Cross Instructor is responsible for the safety,
instruction and training of the Red Cross program for District
employees and other clinics.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Can work independently.
- Will be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Currently certified as an American Red Cross Instructor for the
discipline you are instructing. Examples of Courses include:
Lifeguard Training; CPR/AED/FA; CPR-Pro; Babysitting; LGIT; WSIT;
Safety Training for Coaches.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at South Suburban
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.