About this Opportunity!
Pool Manager Part-Time
$13.00 - $17.08 per hour
We are seeking individuals that are available to work a
flexible schedule Monday through Thursday, and Sunday between
9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Do you have experience in lifeguarding and pool maintenance and want
to step up to the next level? Become a Pool Manager and provide
leadership and direction to our current aquatics staff! This position
is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the assigned
pool, as well as providing general supervision to staff. This may
include programming and supervision of lessons; completion of daily
reports; promotion and scheduling of special events/birthday parties;
basic pool maintenance; scheduling, and mentoring subordinate staff.
This position requires the ability to work varied hours including
morning, weekends, nights and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have previous supervisory experience.
- Will be a Water Safety Instructor or have the ability to obtain
within 90 days.
- AFO/CPO and Lifeguard Training Instructor preferred.
- Will have knowledge of equipment such as pool vacuums, chemical
levels, and computers.
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain safe and fun pool environments.
- Can work independently.
- Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and
remain calm in emergencies.
- Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Three (3) years of lifeguarding and pool maintenance experience.
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training at
time of hire.
- Must successfully pass the District Water Tests.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.