About this Opportunity!
Lead Maintenance/Custodian - Part-Time Medical Benefits Eligible
$13.00 - $15.00 per hour
The schedule for this position is 35 hours per week, Sunday - Thursday.
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join
our team as a Lead Custodian/Janitor. The Lead Custodian/Janitor is
responsible for performing the regular and recurring cleaning
maintenance of assigned District facilities; ensuring the building is
safe, clean and ready for operations. This job requires flexible
shifts including evening hours, weekends and holidays. May provide
supervision and/or direct work of part time custodians and community
This position qualifies for medical benefits.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as custodian, janitor, or building maintenance
- Previous experience in a lead capacity preferred.
- Has knowledge of custodial procedures, mechanical and building
systems, carpentry work, and the ability to perform minor
construction and make repairs.
- Has knowledge of safe use, maintenance, and storage of industrial
cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Will provide superior customer service and has the ability to
handle customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical Package
- Paid sick leave
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.