About this Opportunity!
Early Childhood Teacher Aide Part-Time
$12.32 - $14.91 per hour
Are you passionate about working with children? We are seeking an
energetic Early Childhood Teacher Aide! This position will assist with
daily preparation and implementation of program activities and
maintain an appropriate and safe recreational and learning environment
for children. The Early Childhood Teacher Aide will work directly with
children and parents on a daily basis and provide quality customer service.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Will have knowledge of child care programming; recreation and its
application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; program
management; and customer service principles.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with children, parents,
- Must have ability to visually and audibly supervise children in a
variety of situations.
- Ability to work productively without supervision within
established organizational policies and procedures.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum 480 hours of verifiable full time or equivalent part-time
experience working with children in a similar setting with children
of same age as position assignment.
- Must provide all documentation as required by the State of
Colorado’s Department of Human Services upon hire.
- Current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Standard
Precautions, and Medication Administration or the ability to obtain
such certifications upon hire.
- Complete fifteen (15) hours training annually.
- Satisfactory criminal background check including Colorado Bureau
of Investigations and TRAILS/Central Registry criminal record review
as required by the Colorado Department of Social Services within
five (5) working days of employment.
- Provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado
Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability
to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be
insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at South Suburban
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.