About this Opportunity!
Swim Instructor Part-Time
$12.32 - $14.91 per hour
**FREE** Swim Instructor Training Course for ALL qualified candidates!
Daytime Lifeguards Needed! We are looking for candidates that
are available to work varied hours between 5:30 am to 4:00 pm on a
consistent basis! Free training certification with commitment.
Looking for a great part-time gig where you can earn extra spending
money? Do you have a passion for aquatics? This is the job for you!
The Swim Instructor is responsible for teaching swim lessons that
motivate, educate and encourage students of all ages and varying
abilities while developing swim skills. The ideal candidate must
maintain knowledge and understanding of all swimming strokes and
skills, as well as knowledge of American Red Cross Learn-To-Swim
levels. We are currently looking for shifts ranging from afternoon to
evening hours and Saturday. You choose the days, hours, and location!
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have previous experience teaching swim lessons.
- Possess American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification.
- Will possess knowledge and understanding of all swimming strokes
and skills, as well as knowledge of America Red Cross Learn-to-Swim levels.
- Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and
remain calm in emergencies.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Can work independently.
- Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Must be 15 years of age at the time of application.
- Possession of current certifications in CPR/AED and First Aid.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.