About this Opportunity!
Maintenance Technician - Construction
(Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Salary: $35,600 - $41,670 per year
Under the supervision of the Construction Supervisor, this position
is responsible performing miscellaneous duties including general
carpentry, concrete, interior finishing, drywall and painting and
playground installation as required.
- Cares for and maintains assigned tools and equipment.
- Perform miscellaneous duties including general carpentry and
concrete as required.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance and servicing of assigned
equipment and accommodating attachments.
- Assign tools and work to seasonal employees, gathers materials and
supplies needed to complete job adequately.
- Purchases materials and supplies as needed.
- Record monthly credit card transactions.
- Supervise seasonal employees as needed.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of semi-skilled labor experience that is inherent to
park or grounds maintenance and construction. Must have experience
with basic hand and power tools, light motorized vehicles and equipment.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- Any related certifications.
- A valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to obtain upon hire
and maintain an acceptable driving record is required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, techniques and supplies used in
the maintenance of buildings and associated mechanical systems.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies,
organizations, and individuals and interact successfully with
individuals from other agencies and organizations.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses various construction materials, power and hand
carpentry tools, pick-up, pick-up with trailer, dump and flatbed
trucks, concrete mixer and various tractors and attachments, a
telephone, computer and other common office equipment. Drives a
personal and/or District vehicle to various sites for business purposes.
This position regularly works outdoors with exposure to a variety of
weather conditions, ecosystems and landscapes; regular exposure to
dust, noise, and chemicals. Works in an indoor environment subject to
continuous interruptions and background noises.
Stand, walk, sit, manually manipulate, reach outward, reach above
shoulders, bend, and regularly carry, pull, push or lift 80 pounds.
May occasionally carry, pull, push or lift more than 100 pounds with
assistance and crawl, squat, kneel or work in uncomfortable positions
for a short period of time. The employee must be able to see close up
and at a distance with vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus
allowing a broad field of vision. The employee must communicate
clearly and effectively, must understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation time, sick leave, personal leave
- District paid life insurance and long term disability
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.