About this Opportunity!
Forestry Maintenance Worker Part-Time
$13.15 - $16.89 per hour
Do you enjoy working outside? Would you like to earn extra spending
money? If you answered YES, this is the opportunity for you! The
Forestry Maintenance Worker is responsible for working in a team while
learning and acquiring the various skills that are associated with
accepted landscape maintenance practices for trees, shrubs, and flower
beds with emphasis on keeping work zones safe and clear of debris and
assisting tree climbers or aerial lift operators in tree care
operations. This position is also responsible for learning to use
specialized equipment such as various size chainsaws, brush chippers,
stump grinders, rope and saddle climbing equipment and rigging knots.
This job may require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours,
weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has knowledge of methods, techniques and tools used in the
construction maintenance of parks, landscaping areas and related
- Understands watering requirements for lawns, trees, plants and
various types of soil preferred.
- Has knowledge in the field of irrigation, installation,
maintenance and repairs preferred.
- Exhibits the use and maintenance of chemical spraying equipment preferred.
- Displays operation of a wide variety of equipment and tools used
in parks maintenance, repair and construction in a safe and
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to work productively without supervision within
established policies and procedures service.
- Has the ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year skilled labor experience with park, horticulture,
landscape, forestry including operating commercial landscape
- Experience in tree debris clean up, tree pruning, tree removal,
using rope and saddle/aerial lift preferred.
- Irrigation experience preferred.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications preferred.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record. Must be
insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.