About this Opportunity!
Preschool Assistant Director (Licensed) Part-Time
$17.75 - $24.84 per hour
Are you a hard-working, dedicated childcare professional who has a
love for children? Are you looking for a career where you can make a
difference in a child’s life? This is the job for you! The Preschool
Assistant Director is responsible for coordinating the daily operation
of early childhood education/preschool programs and enforcing
regulations. This position will implement and maintain an appropriate,
safe, recreational, learning environment for children. The Preschool
Assistant Director will be responsible for program lesson planning as
well as, working in conjunction with the Family Services Coordinator
to provide supervision and training for part-time staff. This position
requires working with children and parents on a daily basis and
providing quality customer service.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to work a M-F, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm schedule (Modified
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Administer Medication certification preferred.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with children, parents,
- Must have ability to visually and audibly supervise children in a
variety of situations.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Early Childhood Professional Credential 3.0 Level 2 and provide
all documentation as required by the State of Colorado's Department
of Human Services upon hire. Level 3 is preferred.
- Two (2) years of early childhood teaching experience in a classroom.
- Current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Universal
Precautions or the ability to obtain such certifications upon hire.
Adventure Camp requires wilderness First Aid certification.
- Satisfactory criminal background check including Colorado Bureau
of Investigations and TRAILS/Central Registry criminal record review
as required by the Colorado Department of Social Services within
five (5) working days of employment.
- Provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado
Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.