About this Opportunity!
Lead Cook Part-Time Medical Benefits Eligible
$17.75 - $21.00 per hour
Do you have a desire to work in an environment where only excellence
is acceptable and you are empowered to lead and develop your cooking
skills? This is the opportunity for YOU! The Lead Cook is responsible
for performing various cooking and kitchen functions with a strong
focus on achieving expected standards in food preparation. This
position may provide supervision for other cooks. Prepares, portions,
and cooks food products based on the highest quality standards.
Performs final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of
cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
This position qualifies for medical benefits.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have knowledge of food preparation and production for volume restaurant.
- Will be able to read recipes and memorize and replicate food
- Will be have the ability to understand and follow direction from
others and is able to work well in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Possesses a clear understanding of weights and measures and have
proficient math skills.
- Will have the ability to follow time schedules for meal
preparation and serving.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Will have knowledge of health standards and ability to communicate
effectively. Ability to comply with the Health Department and other
governmental agency regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older with a high
school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Six months supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Possession of current Food Handlers Certification for Colorado.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical Package
- Paid sick leave
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.