About this Opportunity!
Skate Host/Rink Monitor Part-Time
$13.00 - $16.80 per hour
Do you have a passion for ice skating? If you answered YES, then this
is the opportunity for you! The Skate Host/Rink Monitor position
involves a high degree of public contact. This position is responsible
for fitting skating equipment and monitoring public skating sessions
to ensure a safe environment for all. The job may require shifts
ranging from morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Provides exceptional customer service while performing the job
duties including fitting ice skates on patrons.
- Ensures the safety of recreational ice users by monitoring safe
entry and exit of skaters, controlling the flow of skaters, and
- Ensures that facility rules and safety standards are followed and
assists in emergency situations such as evacuations, medical
emergencies, suspicious behavior or activity, etc.
- May have to perform routine maintenance as necessary, i.e., trash
removal, sweep area and locker rooms; stock locker/bathroom
supplies; report building maintenance requirements.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Must be proficient ice skater.
- Experience involving assisting the public preferred.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at South Suburban
- Free use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunitites for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit:
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.