About this Opportunity!
Custodial Maintenance Specialist
(Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Salary: $35,600 - $41,670 per year
Under the supervision of the Lead Maintenance Technician, the
Custodial Maintenance Specialist is responsible for performing the
various skills that are associated with the routine maintenance of the
facility and equipment, including mechanical preventative maintenance
and custodial care of the building.
- Assists with hiring, training, directing, and inspecting work
performed by part time staff; assist in providing or coordinating
staff training; and assist employees to correct deficiencies.
- Maintains cleanliness/disinfecting of facility center floors,
walls, bathrooms, locker rooms, games, etc.
- Cleans, sanitizes and deodorizes restrooms, showers, locker rooms
and fixtures including sinks, urinals, and toilets.
- Completes general cleaning of all rooms/offices in building to
include, lobby, halls, tile and wood floors by vacuuming, mopping,
buffing, and cleaning counters and sinks, drinking fountains,
benches, vending machines, fixing minor plumbing issues, shampooing
carpets, cleaning mirrors, windows, washing rubber mats, dusting air
- Performs custodial tasks as needed to ensure a clean facility for
the public, including removing trash, general cleaning, refilling of
supplies and any other necessary maintenance functions.
- Maintains accurate records of custodial and maintenance supplies
received and used, and notifies supervisor of deficiencies in supplies.
- Exercises proper safety and security precautions and practices at
- Conforms to building uniform and dress code policy.
- Maintains outside entranceways into and around the building to
ensure a safe and clean environment. - including snow removal during
- Lifts and sets up tables, chairs, etc. for meetings.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year skilled labor experience as inherent to building
maintenance is preferred. Technical experience or schooling related
to facilities maintenance and equipment repairs preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of custodial procedures, mechanical and building
systems, carpentry work, and the ability to perform minor
construction and make repairs.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, parents, and supervisors. The ability to read
directions, chemical labels and work documents.
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains effective
relationships with fellow workers.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses floor machines, buffers, vacuums, tools, pressure
washer, brooms, mops, cleaning chemicals, general hand tools, a
telephone, computer and other common office equipment. May drive a
personal vehicle to other locations for business purposes.
Primarily works in an indoor environment subject to continuous
interruptions and background noises. Custodial positions at Ice Arena
facilities at times work in a cool environment; the temperature at the
ice rink(s) will vary from 40-55 degrees Fahrenheit. This position
works with cleaning chemicals and other cleaning materials.
The daily routine requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, manually
manipulate, reach outward, reach above shoulder, bend, lift, kneeling.
Will pull, push and carry loads of chairs and tables up to 100 pounds.
The employee must be able to see close up and at a distance with
vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus allowing a broad field
of vision. The employee must communicate clearly and effectively, must
understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation time, sick leave, personal leave
- District paid life insurance and long term disability
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.