About this Opportunity!
(Full Time, Exempt)
Salary: $44,510 - $53,638 per year
Stories, live reels, LinkedIn feeds and more! South Suburban is
looking for a passionate, creative and analytical team member that can
keep pace with the latest social trends. With an audience that spans
from toddlers to active adults, the opportunities are endless. An
interest in the outdoors, active lifestyle and making a difference in
your community is a must.
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, this position is
responsible for serving as a key member of the Communications team.
This position is responsible for developing and managing the
District's social media presence on various platforms, including
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Nextdoor.com, LinkedIn, Yelp
and Google. In addition to social media management, the Multimedia
Specialist is responsible for the development of creative and quality
content for use in a variety of digital and print platforms.
- Creates content and determines strategy for all of the District’s
social media sites, utilizing photos and videos to tell stories,
promote services and drive revenue. Maintains a monthly social media calendar.
- Monitors all of the District's social media sites. Coordinates
with appropriate departments to determine messaging regarding
responses to inquiries and comments. Writes and edits social posts
and customer responses in a timely and grammatically correct manner.
- Provide quarterly reports using monitoring software. Trains and
assists other District social media users in best practices.
- Operates sophisticated computer programs such as Adobe Creative
Suite to design, layout and edit a variety of marketing/promotional
materials. Creates or revises specifications for print and digital
copy, including website and social media.
- Produces and directs video productions, including script writing,
editing, lighting, audio, voice-overs, and format design.
- Promotes programs through use of paid advertising on various
platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and Google. Provides
detailed reports on ad analytics.
- Assists with planning and implementation of District events. Takes
photographs and videos to document and promote important community
celebrations or dedications.
- Uses a computer to perform job related tasks, input and maintain
records, and/or conduct research as needed. Applicants should be
versed in Microsoft Office and other programs generally used in an
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings and, orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis. Occasional
nights and weekends required.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Graphic
Design, or any related field.
- Two (2) years increasingly responsible experience in public
relations, computerized graphic illustration, or multi-media
production/broadcasting, including knowledge of website development.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides
equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and applications of cameras; knowledge of
video equipment, including projectors, controllers, computers,
microphones, digital amplifier, and others.
- Knowledge of effective business communications and appropriate use
of AP-style writing.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of effective social media
management. Prefer applicants with prior experience in managing an
organization or corporate social media accounts.
- Knowledge in the use of content management systems, email
marketing platform, and/or using HTML and CSS.
- Ability to build collaborative, cross-functional team
relationships to establish communications strategies and ensure a
consistent message for targeted internal and external audiences.
- Analyze data and information using established criteria in order
to set future marketing goals.
- Ability to compare, count, differentiate, measure and/or sort
data, as well as assemble, copy, record and transcribe data and
information. Use a computer and related software to input, query and
- Communicate effectively, orally, electronically, graphically and
in writing, with department personnel, vendor representatives,
contractors, media representatives, elected and appointed officials,
technical crews, broadcast professionals, business representatives,
consultants and the general public. Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in
situations involving sensitive, confidential or controversial topics.
- Plan, organize and schedule work independently and maintain work
effectiveness with frequent changes in workload and priority of
assignments, and under pressure of deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties this position
regularly uses the following: a desktop computer, a phone, printer,
photo copier, fax and other office equipment. This position may need
to drive a personal vehicle to various District facilities.
Primarily works in a comfortable office environment subject to
interruptions and background noise. This position may need to drive a
personal motor vehicle to various off site facilities. This is not a
Stand, walk, sit for extended periods, handle and operate objects and
office equipment, reach outward and above shoulder and carry, pull,
push or lift up to 20 lbs. The employee must be able to see close up
and at a distance with vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus
allowing a broad field of vision. The employee must communicate
clearly and effectively, must understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation time, sick leave, personal leave
- District paid life insurance and long term disability
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.