About this Opportunity!
Water Truck Operator/Maintenance Worker Part-Time Medical Eligible
$13.15 - $16.89 per hour
Do you enjoy a job that is never the same two days in a row? Are you
passionate about landscaping and want to make a difference in the
community? If so, then this might be the role for you! The Water Truck
Operator/Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing skilled and
technical types of work associated with landscape maintenance with an
emphasis on vehicle operation, vegetation watering and plant
maintenance. Responsibilities include the safe operation of a ¼ ton to
2 ton truck with up to 1,000 gallon tank, operation of pumps and fire
hydrants, maintenance and care of annuals, perennials, roses, shrubs,
and trees. Best landscape management practices for pruning shrubs,
installing and maintaining plants, is required. Technical skills in
weed control practices are expected. The job may require shifts
ranging from morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- One (1) year skilled labor experience with park, horticulture,
landscape, forestry including operating commercial landscape
- Has knowledge of methods, techniques and tools used in the
construction maintenance of parks, landscaping areas and related
facilities is preferred.
- Has the ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Understands watering requirements for lawns, trees, plants and
various types of soil is preferred.
- Has knowledge in the field of irrigation, installation,
maintenance and repairs is preferred.
- Exhibit use and maintenance of chemical spraying equipment is preferred.
- Will display operation of a wide variety of equipment and tools
used in parks maintenance, repair and construction in a safe and
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to work productively without supervision within
established policies and procedures service.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or have the ability
to obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical Package
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.