About this Opportunity!
Lead Cook II
(Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Location: Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel
Salary: $39,245 - $49,000 per year
Under the supervision of the Grill Supervisor/Restaurant Manager,
this position performs various cooking and kitchen functions with a
strong focus on achieving expected standards in food preparation.
Prepares, portions, and cooks food products based on the highest
quality standards. Performs final plate preparation including plating
and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for
all hot menu item plates. This position may provide supervision for
other cooks. This position is required to work varied work hours
including, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Prepares a variety of items including meats, seafood, poultry, and
vegetables for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a
variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as
needed. Ensures food is rotated on schedule from freezer/walk-in to
prep areas, and then on to the line for cooking.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes,
cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Responsible for quality of products served.
- Assists with shift changeover to ensure customer orders are filled
- Responsible for monthly kitchen inventories and assists in weekly
ordering of supplies.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period. Handles, stores and
rotates all products properly.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area including tables,
shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners,
convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Opens and closes the kitchen properly and follows the opening and
closing checklist for kitchen stations. Works special events and
banquets as needed.
- Assists in supervising the work of line cooks to ensure that all
assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring all state, local and District health
standards are met in food areas at all times. Ensures all cooking,
prep, and food handling areas and surfaces are thoroughly cleaned
and sanitized at the end of the work day.
- Complies with Health Department and other governmental agency regulations.
- Completes all incident/accident reports and follow-up according to
District procedures in a timely manner.
- Responds tactfully, respectfully and in a timely fashion to
inquiries and problems in person, by email, phone and mail providing
helpful information and explanations in-line with District policies
and procedures. Thoughtfully handles confrontational or stressful interactions.
- Ensures that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive,
friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Maintains a flexible and team oriented attitude.
- This position is required to work varied work hours. May be
required to work at different locations throughout the District.
- Actively facilitates and participates in employee cross-training activities.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis.
- Assists in developing menus and al la carte menus with appropriate
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be twenty (21) years of age with a high school diploma or
equivalent. A degree from a culinary school preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience in kitchen
preparation and cooking. At least six (6) months experience in a
similar lead capacity. Must be knowledgeable and able to manage and
comply with Health Department and other governmental agency
regulations. Previous lead and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have extensive knowledge of food preparation and production
for volume restaurant.
- Knowledge of health standards and ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have strong organizational skills. Must be highly motivated
and take direction well.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
Material and Equipment Used
To successfully perform the required job duties, this position
regularly uses: grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté
burners, convection oven, flat top range, refrigeration equipment,
dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives
and a variety of other kitchen appliances and tools. Personal
computer, phone and other basic office equipment. This position is
required to drive a personal vehicle to various District facilities
for business purposes.
Primarily works in a busy restaurant, hotel and event environment
subject to heat and steam, continuous interruptions, and background
noises. Will be working in a warm environment where temperatures can
rise or fall quickly. Occasionally works out of doors, subject to
variable weather conditions, ecosystems and landscape.
Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or
during expediting, usually all day. Full range of mobility to handle
and operate office equipment, reach outward and above shoulder and
carry, pull, push or lift up to 50 lbs. May occasionally climb, crawl,
squat, kneel. The employee will regularly move equipment, tables and
chairs. The employee must be able to see close up and at a distance
with vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus allowing a broad
field of vision. The employee must communicate clearly and
effectively, must understand and be understood. Must have moderate
comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement packages with employer contribution/match
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off including vacation time, sick leave, personal leave
- District paid life insurance and long term disability
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.